10 Minute, Fast, Healthy, Italian Pasta
Submitted by George Lucas (!)
This is a very simple recipe that is great for fast meals, vegetarians, and weight watchers. Your product was mentioned at a Weight Watchers meeting and Weight Watchers could be a big marketing outlet for you. Your pasta is only 1 weight watcher point per ounce. That's half the weight watcher points of whole wheat pasta, which allows me to eat more of it for the same point value. Per serving, depending on the sauce, it's approximately 4 weight watcher points. This is a very good amount of food for the points.
I have been on the Weight Watcher program and found this recipe one of the most filling and fulfilling recipes I have used. Its simple, fast, and no preparation. It serves 3-4 persons.
- 1 10oz Pkg Fiber Gourmet
- 1 jar 16-24oz jar of your favorite Marinara tomato sauce, or use your own recipe
- 1 package MorningStar Meal starters
- Cook fiber gourmet according to directions.
- In a sauce pan add the meal starter to the marinara sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- You can add mushrooms, peas, garlic, according to you tastes.
- Drain the pasta and pour the sauce over it.
The MorningStar Meal starter is available at Publix or other food stores in the frozen foods section. Its a non-meat product that really tastes like meat, both in texture and flavor. I'm not vegetarian but found this product to be great. I've served it to friends and they really thought they were eating meat.