15-MINUTE FETTUCINE CARBONARA
A creamy, flavorful pasta rich with bacon, cheese and mushrooms that can be enjoyed by ALL thanks to FIBER GOURMET PASTA. Pair with a crisp salad of radicchio, Boston lettuce and watercress sprigs.
Submitted by LINDA BACKUS
- 8-ounces of FIBER GOURMET *Garlic Parsley PASTA
- 4 ounces bacon, diced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Prepare fettucine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until crisp.
- Using slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain.
- To drippings in skillet add mushrooms and onion ; cook over medium heat about 5 minutes, stirring until tender.
- Stir in cream; reduce heat to low. Cook 1 to 2 minutes longer until heated through.
- TO SERVE: Drain pasta; Stir into mushroom mixture along with reserved bacon, grated Parmesan, salt and pepper. Toss thoroughly to mix.
Special Note: Using this perfectly-enhanced pasta eliminates the need to add fresh parsley or garlic.