Sounds Sinful and Savory Pasta Bake
Submitted by Christine Deiley
- 1 box fiber gourmet penne
- 1 package of light mozzarella cheese (weight watchers is yummy)
- 1/2 cup of skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 jars of your favorite light pasta sauce (ragu light is great and sweet)
- a dash of dried oregano
- handful of fresh parsley and basil
- 1 spoonful of minced garlic
- 1 package of spciy turkey sausage
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 extra large onion (whatever your favorite kind is)
- cooking spray as needed
- 1. Put your pasta sauce in a medium sauce pan and add the oregano and garlic. Keep on simmer until ready to add to pasta.
- 2. Get your pasta water boiling! When it starts bubbling away, add the pasta.
- 3. In a large saute pan, add your turkey sausage cut up into bite-size pieces. Once the sausage starts to brown add the peppers and onion.
- 4. When the meat and veggies are cooked through and fragrant, turn pan off. Now the really fun part begins....
- 5. Drain pasta and place in a large mixing bowl. Add the ricotta cheese and parmesan cheese to the pasta and thouroughly mix. The add about one cup of your pasta sauce and stir through until it is a beautiful pink color.
- 6. Once the pasta is creamy, it's time to start layering.
- 7. Cover the bottom of a casserole dish with some of your simmering pasta sauce.
- 8. Next add a layer of the pasta. Cover with more sauce.
- 9. Add a few spoon fulls of your sausage, pepper, and onion mixture.
- 10. Cover with a generous handful of mozzarella cheese.
- 11. Continue layering until all of the yummy food is used up.
- 12. To top it all off, add the last of your mozzarella cheese.
- 13. Grand finale - add your beautiful basil and parlsey for some color and final addition of flavor.
- 14. Enjoy your efforts!