Artichoke and Caper Cream Penne
Submitted by Kim Burgess
This is a rich, creamy, piquant, Mediterranean-themed pasta dish that we love! It is low in fat for a cream-based pasta and low in calories and high in fiber when made with Fiber Gourmet! To make it even healthier, leave out the Parmesan and cut the light margarine in half. You'll hardly notice!
- 1/4 cup light margarine
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 13.75 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1/4 cup capers, with liquid
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 4 oz non-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 2 oz Parmesan cheese
- 8 oz Fiber Gourmet Penne
- Cook and stir the garlic and onion in margarine until fragrant.
- Pour the white wine, the broth, lemon juice, and capers into the skillet,turn the heat to high, and cook until the mixture reduces somewhat, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Heat cream cheese in microwave until melted.
- Whisk with 1/2 cup of the caper mixture.
- Whisk the cream cheese - sauce mixture back into the skillet.
- Add artichoke hearts, and parsley.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Toss with cooked penne.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.