Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese
Adapted from Recipezaar
- 1 box FiberGourmet Light Mac & Cheese
- 12 ounces chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 1/4 cups low-fat milk
- 1/8 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- hot sauce, to taste (optional)
- Cook the FiberGourmet elbow macaroni (without the cheese sauce!) in a pot of boiling salted water, as per box directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, whisk the milk and flour together in a bowl, then pour into a saucepan, bringing it to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in chicken, cheese, FiberGourmet cheese sauce packet, onion powder, garlic powder, buffalo sauce and hot sauce (if you're using it). Cook until the cheese melts.
- When the pasta is done, drain it and stir in the cheese mixture and the celery.