Submitted by Helen Smith
- 2 bags Whole Wheat Crackers,
- 1 slice hi fiber whole wheat toast,
- 1 TBS melted butter or oleo,
- 1 tsp herbs such as italian mix or tarragon.
- a little salt and black pepper
- garlic powder optional
- Put all ingredients in blender or food processor and pulse until a fine bread crumb mix.
- Use as a breading on fish, meats, veggies etc. I like to dip my ingredients in flour first, then the crumbs, spray lightly with canola or butter spray and bake. But you can fry also if you don't mind the fat. Great substitute with lots of fiber for breaded stuff.