Boca-body-licious Pasta Bake
Submitted by Katie McAuliffe
10 servings - 2 points a serving for the WW folks out there(but if you have 2 servings, round up to 5 points).
- 1 box fiber gourmet rotini
- 1 package Boca crumbles (regular or sausage)
- 1/4 green pepper diced
- 1/4 onion diced
- 2 teaspoons Minced garlic (from a can/jar; much easier than dicing it up)
- Swish of vegetable oil (for saut� pan)
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Pam spray (for baking dish)
- 1 cup Italian 4 cheese Blend Sargento reduced fat cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions (a little more on the al dente side since you�ll be baking it post boiling).
- Heat saut� pan with swish of oil. Add garlic. Stir till it smells good. Add onions and peppers. Season with a little black pepper. Carrots/shrooms (yucko, but I�ll be equal opportunity in the veg department when writing a recipe) and/or asparagus would work well here too. Saut� all till a little soft.
- Now�s a good time to preheat the oven to 350.
- Add boca crumbles and pasta sauce to saut� pan. Continue to stir on med-low till warm. Don�t let it bubble or you�ll steam all the liquid from the sauce away.
- Drain pasta and mix w/ the saut� contents (I did this in a pam sprayed baking dish- not sure what size, but large enough to hold the contents).
- Top with the cheese.
- Bake in your preheated oven- 15 minutes or until cheese is melted/browned to your liking.
- You could leave off the cheese and just do a little parmesan when serving, but what fun is that?