Baked Penne From Heaven
Submitted by Sue McConnell
I like to bake this in a large, shallow casserole because the crunchy top is the best part!
- 1/2 lb FiberGourmet Penne
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 lb turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small head radicchio, cut into thin slices
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, packed in oil and sliced
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, small dice
- 1/2 cup grated parmeggiano reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs (dry or fresh, seasoned or plain)
- salt & pepper
- Heat oven to 375. Coat a casserole pan with spray.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the oil and saute the sausage over medium high heat until no longer pink, breaking it up with a wooden spoon.
- Add the onions, garlic, and radicchio and saute until the onions are soft.
- Add tomatoes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Off heat, add the mozzarella, then pour into prepared casserole.
- Mix bread crumbs and parmeggiano reggiano and sprinkle over the top, and bake for 20-30 minutes until the top gets crusty.