Creamy Chicken Casserole Mexican Style
Submitted by Debbie Luhrs
This is delicious and can be used with a Rotisseri Chicken and prepared in 15 minutes. :)
- 2.5 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach leaves
- 2 green onions, thinly chopped
- 1 (8 oz) carton of nonfat sour cream
- 1/4 cup plain, nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons whole grain flour
- 2 Lite Cow � Swiss Cheese Triangles
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- 1 jalape�o pepper, seeded and minced fresh, not pickled
- 4 cups Whole Wheat Penne pasta
- 1 1/2 low fat shredded cheddar cheese
- In a medium sized Bowl, cook fresh spinach with a small amount of water in the microwave for 2 minutes, covered on high.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked chicken, spinach and green onions. Mix well and set aside.
- Make the sauce: In a medium sized bowl, combine sour cream, yogurt, flour, cumin and salt. Add milk and jalape�o pepper and mix well.
- Pour half the sauce into the chicken and spinach mixture and mix well and Swiss cheese. Fold mixture into the cooked Pasta. 5. Place in an (un-greased) rectangular baking dish.
- Spoon remaining sauce over the tortillas and bake, uncovered, in a 350� F oven for about 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Top with salsa and chopped green onions as desired and serve.