Classic Chicken Noodle Soup
Submitted by Kira
Such a healthy, low cal, and delicious way to enjoy a classic!!! I always have a container of this in my fridge!
- 4 c. low sodium chicken broth/stock
- 12 oz. raw chicken breast
- 1 large carrot (diced)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 3 oz Fiber Gourmet Short Fettuccine or Rotini Pasta
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp celery salt
- Pour chicken broth, diced carrots, chopped celery, parsley, bay leaves, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and celery salt in a crock pot set to low. Mix well and add the chicken breast whole. Cook for 6 hours.
- Remove the chicken and set aside to cool briefly. Remove the bay leaves. Chop (or shred by pulling apart) the chicken breast to soup size pieces. Add back to the crock pot and stir.
- Add pasta and cook for an additional 30-45 minutes until pasta is cooked to your liking. Promptly remove soup from the crock pot or pasta will continue to cook, making it too soft.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator. Perfect winter weather meal!!