Submitted by Diablo Deb
Original recipe with photos can be found at my website
- 1 box (8 oz.)Fiber Gourmet Lasagna Noodles
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 cup pepperoni, sliced or chopped
- 1-3/4 cup petite diced tomatoes (canned)
- 1 cup tomato sauce (canned)
- 1 cup beef broth
- salt to taste
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium high heat then add onions. Cook until they start to soften, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Crumble ground beef into pot and brown, drain any excess fat from pot. Add Italian seasoning and cayenne, mix well.
- Add pepperoni to pan, stir to combine and cook until pepperoni is glossy.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, and broth then bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer 20 minutes. Season with salt as desired. Mixture will be soupy which helps rehydrate the lasagna noodles during the cooking process.
- In a 9�13 pan, spoon a small bit of sauce into bottom. Top with a single layer of lasagna noodles.
- Ladle on half of the meaty sauce atop the noodles, sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Layer with remaining lasagna noodles in single layer, top with remaining sauce and parmesan.
- Add mozzarella on top, covering to the edges, loosely cover with aluminum foil.
- Place in oven at 350 degrees, cook 30 to 40 minutes then remove foil. Bake until cheese is bubbly.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes before cutting and serving.