Caramelized Leek Pasta
Submitted by Uncovering Food
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 large leeks
- 1 tbsp brown sugar (do not pack)
- 4 oz (1/2 box) Fiber Gourmet Light Penne
- parsley, salt and pepper to taste
- Slice leek bulbs into strands, include the green part of the bulb.
- In a pan, warm one tablespoon of olive oil at medium-high heat. Add leeks and stir to coat. Continue to cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring often. Reduce heat to medium. Sprinkle brown sugar over the leeks and toss. Continue cooking for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- While leeks are cooking, cook Fiber Gourmet pasta according to box directions. Drain but do not rinse. Toss with leeks and one teaspoon of olive oil. Serve with a sprinkle of parsley and season to taste.
- Makes two servings at 281 calories, 10 grams of fat, 21 grams of fiber, 10 grams of protein