Creamiest Noodles and Cabbage Delight
Submitted by Donna Chirico
This recipe is why my daughter loves vegetables -- she never noticed them. The cabbage and radicchio blend into to the creamy sauce and pasta adding some crunch. The capers add depth. The addition of FiberGourmet means that we all get to have a slightly bigger portion that packs way more nutrition.
Serves 4 heartily.
- 1 package any style FiberGourmet pasta (nested or short cut)
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T butter or butter substitute
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/8 t red pepper flakes or to taste
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 2 cups thinly sliced radicchio
- 1 T capers
- 3/4 low fat creamer
- Parmesan or Romano cheese for serving
- Warm a large frying pan over medium heat, then add the oil, butter, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- Saute for 3 or 4 minutes until the garlic starts to soften.
- Add the onions and saute until transparent, then add the cabbage and saute over low heat just until the cabbage is tender (don't let it get too soft!).
- Add the radicchio and cook for a few minutes until it is tender and any liquid in the pan has evaporated.
- In the meantime, cook the FiberGourmet pasta according to package directions.
- Once the pasta is ready, drain it; then gently stir in the creamer and capers to the vegetable mixture followed by the drained pasta.
- Top off with some grated cheese, add a salad, and enjoy!