Chicken Stirfry with Noodle Nests
Submitted by EM
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 large onion, sliced in thin wedges
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup snow peas, sliced diagonally in half
- 1 small can sliced bamboo shoots
- 1 small can sliced water chestnuts
- 1-2 cans low sodium fat free chicken broth
- 2-3 heaping teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- 8 oz fiber gourmet classic fettuccine (nests)
- light soy sauce to taste
- ground ginger to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- Pam or generic vegetable oil spray
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- In a nonstick skillet "fry" cut chicken breasts with about 1/2 cup water, soy sauce - about 1 tablespoon, ground ginger - about 1/2-1teaspoon, and garlic powder - about 1 teaspoon.
- when done place in pot and cover.
- meanwhile place water on to boil and when ready cook noodles to al dente - about 10-15 minutes depending on individual stove and climate.
- drain noodles and combine in bowl with about 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger and 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
- separate noodles into 4 portions, and "fry" in pammed nonstick skillet over medium, allowing the bottom to get nice and crunchy and solid before flipping over - roughly 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile bring broth to a boil in a small pan over medium, stir in cornstarch and lower temp and allow to thicken. Combine sauce, raw vegetables and canned vegetables to chicken in pot.
- Place one (1) noodle nest on plate and top with chicken and vegetables