creamy tomato basil w/shrimp
Submitted by vickie cunningham
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 (14.5oz) can recipe ready diced tomatoes
- 2/3 cup crosse & blackwell shrimp sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy whiping cream
- 8 oz. cooked medium shrimp
- Fibergourmet spinach flavored pasta cooked per directions
- Heat olive oil in lg skillet over med-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic;cook,stirring frequently for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in tomaotes w/juice,shrimp sauce,basil,parsley,salt and pepper;reduce heat to low.
- Cook,stirring occaionally,for 4-6 minutes.
- Gradually stir in cream;cook,stirring frequently,for 5-7 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in shrimp;cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve over pasta and enjoy!