Drunkin Shrimp Penne
Submitted by Karen
I love this pasta. SOmetimes, I add a little of the pasta water to thicken up the sauce a bit.
- 1 lb Shrimp
- 2 slices of bacon or pancetta
- 1 can (28 oz) of Crushed Italian Tomatoes
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 cloves or garlic (diced)
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup of vodka
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream (or fat free half and half for healthier version)
- 10 oz of Penne
- Bring watr to boil for pasta..
- Add oil to pan, saute garlic and onions until translucent.
- Add in bacon or pancetta and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add in Shrimp until pink.
- Remove shrimp with slotted spoon.
- Add in vodka (let burn off alcohol for about 1-2 minutes).
- Add in crushed tomatoes and cook for approx 5 minutes.
- Add in cream (should turn a nice pink color). Can add more cream if you would like. (Add salt and pepper to taste)
- Drain penna. Toss into pasta & shrimp.
- Serve with red crushed pepper and cheese