Do the Twist Rotini Kugel
Submitted by Donna Chirico
Traditionally made with noodles, this low fat kugel made with rotini (from the Italian for �twists�) has great kid appeal.
- 2 eggs or 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 T sugar or artificial sweetener (Splenda works well)
- 1/4 t each ground nutmeg and cinnamon
- 1 package Fiber Gourmet Rotini, cooked al dente
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup dried fruit � you can use raisins, chopped dried pineapple, or whatever you like � cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Beat the eggs or egg substitute with the sugar or sweetener until light and fluffy.
- Add remaining ingredients except the nuts.
- Spray a 2-quart baking dish with a nonstick cooking spray and pour in the mixture.
- Top with the nuts. Bake at 350 degrees until nicely browned, about 45 minutes.