Fettuccini el Chicken Sausage
Indulgence without the Guilt! A delicious light and filling dish that is easy to make and wonderful to eat. It is high in protein and fiber as well as full of nutritious ingredients. Recipe can be increased in size to feed more people.
Submitted by Lauren Claremon
Serves 2 for less than 350 calories per serving! Enjoy:-)
- 4 ounces of Fiber Gourmet Pasta (any savory flavor will work)
- Cooking spray
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 1 cup canned artichoke hearts, quartered
- 2 links of Trader Joes Sundried Tomato Chicken Sausage (110 calories/link, nutrition information may change with different flavors or brands)
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp reduced fat parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta as directed. Set aside in large bowl.
- Heat small pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Heat sausage as directed (make sure to cook thoroughly if sausage is not pre-cooked).
- When sausage is finished cooking, set aside and slice into bite-sized pieces.
- Meanwhile, heat medium pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Add crushed garlic and squash. Cook until tender. Add artichoke hearts. Add sliced sausage and keep pan on for one more minute for flavors to be absorbed. Pour on top of pasta.
- In small dish, mix olive oil, parmesan cheese and salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil mixture to pasta dish and stir to coat.