"Fit for a King"~Penne
Submitted by Deena L Levenson
Fantastic served cold as a pasta salad.
- 1 Box of Fiber Gourmet Penne
- 7 oz Cup of Cozy Harbor Lobster Meat (frozen but already cooked)
- 8 Large peeled & deveined Shrimp (frozen but already cooked)
- 1 Large tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt or course salt( add more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 can of no salt diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of sweet diced onions
- 1/4 cup of sliced thin black olives (optional)
- 1/2 cup of fresh grated parmesan cheese (add more or less to taste)
- Remove lobster meat from container, drain and cut into 1/2" pieces. Pull tails off shrimp and set aside with lobster meat. Both may be defrosted in advanced or you can run both under warm water in a colander for a few min to thaw. Shrimp and Lobster are already pre-cooked.
- Heat both canola and olive oil in pan. Add garlic,salt, pepper,basil for 1 min. Add lobster and shrimp on med heat for 3 min. Add onions cook for 1 min. add tomatoes. Add black olives if desired. Continue to heat for 2-3 min. Toss in cooked (according to package directions) Penne.
- Add extra salt or pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese and enjoy immediately!
- A Healthy delicious hearty meal for 4! (large portions)
- Serve with whole grain bread and tossed salad.