Fiber Penne ala Arribiatta
Submitted by Jeff Hamer
- 1 8oz box Fiber Gourmet Light Penne
- 2 tbsp olive oil (extra-virgin better but no big deal)
- 8-10 large red tomatoes (Italian better but no big deal)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (or equivalent dried OK too)
- 1/4 tsp+ crushed red pepper (how hot can you stand it?)
- Dice tomatoes (size to taste).
- In saucepan mix tomatoes, basil, 1 tbsp oil, pepper.
- Stir on medium heat until skins separate.
- Reduce to very low heat, simmer until pasta finished.
- Prepare fiber penne per box instructions but with 1 tbsp olive oil in the water.
- Eat with friends, wine, and great gusto.