Fettuccine With Whole Clams
Submitted by Jackie Alpers
This recipe is per person, so if you have a crowd, you�ll need a bunch of cans of clams.
- 2 oz Fiber Gourmet (or other whole grain) fettuccine
- 1 can Whole clams in juice
- 1 tsp. Flour
- 1 tsp. Light Butter
- 1/4 cup Nonfat milk
- 2 T Chopped onions
- 2T Seedless greek olives, chopped
- 1 small Campari tomato, chopped
- Red chili flakes, to taste
- 1/4 cup Grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- While the fettuccine is cooking, spray a nonstick pan with a little canola oil
- Melt the butter over very low heat
- Slowly whisk the flour into the melted butter to make a paste
- Slowly whisk the milk into the paste to make a sauce add the 1/2 the juice from the clams. Discard the rest of the clam juice.
- Whisk the cheese into the sauce until the cheese is melted throughout.
- Raise the heat to medium add the onions, tomatoes, chili flakes and clams to the sauce. Cook for a couple of minutes until combined and slightly thickened
- Lower the heat back to low. Drain the pasta and mix into the sauce to coat. Serve garnished with more Parmesan and freshly ground pepper.