Gourmet Pink Pasta
Submitted by MaryLynn
I often add whatever leftover veggies I have to this dish. I eat it several times a week, I love it that much! Spinach, zuchini, fresh tomatoes, peppers, onions, etc all work great with this dish. You can even add some leftover chicken. The 'pink' sauce for this recipe can also be made in the microwave. Great, simple, and quick recipe. I love this dish and I hope you will too!
- 1 package Fiber Gourmet Rotini Pasta
- 4 wedges of Laughing Cow Garlic and Herb Light Cheese
- 1.5 cups marinara sauce (or any other tomato pasta sauce - tomato soup works also)
- 1 16oz. container of fresh sliced mushrooms (I love mushrooms so I tend to use twice the amount, but thats just my preference)
- Splash of milk, if desired Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook pasta as instructed on package.
- In another small saucepan, combine marinara sauce, cheese wedges, and mushrooms. Simmer on low stirring often (a whisk works best) until the cheese is melts and the mushrooms are soft.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. For thicker sauce, leave as is, to thin it up some add a splash of milk.
- Once the pasta is ready and the sauce is heated throuh, combine the 2 - serve and enjoy!