Submitted by Helen
This is about 3 servings if you are eating about 2-1/2 oz. per serving. You can omit the potato, but it adds fiber and extra texture and is really delicious with the pasta and meat.
- 1 package - 8 oz. of Fettucini - cooked about l0-15 min.
- 8 oz. of lean ground beef
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 small red potato - diced
- 1 full TBS whole wheat flour ( or unbleached)
- 1 cup beef broth
- Black Pepper ( broth is salty, no salt needed)
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1/2 tsp poultry herb
- Brown the ground beef in 1 tsp of olive or canola oil - drain
- Add the onion, garlic and potato and cook about 5 min.
- Add the flour and mix to blend in
- Add rest of ingredients except parsley - bring to boil, reduce to simmer = cover and simmer l0 minutes
- Add Parsley
- Mix with the cooked fettucini
- Serve with some steamed carrots and a tsp of butter and 1/2 tsp honey. Salad optional.