Hot to Trot Healthy Penne Pasta
Submitted by Darla
Easy recipe and heart/fitness healthy!
- 1 8 oz. box Fiber Gourmet Light Penne Pasta
- 1 28 oz. can marinara sauce (I prefer Trader Joes)
- 1 fresh red pepper cut into strips
- 1 onion cut into strips
- two garlic cloves minced
- 3 turkey sausage links (hot flavored)
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- fresh reggiano parmesean cheese
- Heat olive oil in saute pan
- skin turkey sausage, and cut into bit sized pieces; saute in olive oil until done; remove and drain In remaining olive oil, maybe adding a little more oil, add minced garlic and saute with sliced pepper and onion strips until tender. When vegetables are tender, add back in sauteed sausage and can of favorite marinara sauce.
- In meantime you can be preparing penne pasta according to package directions. When done and drained, add sauce with peppers, sausage and onions to pasta...
- sprinkle with fresh reggiano parmesean cheese.