Jerk Chicken Pasta
Submitted by Stephanie Strahl
- 1 cup jerk marinade -- separated
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts -- cubed
- 1 cup lowfat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces Fiber Gourmet Pasta
- 1 pound broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
- Marinate chicken in 3/4 cup jerk marinade for at least 2 hours to overnight.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to directions. Steam broccoli and set aside.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and saute 5-7 minutes until cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
- Puree ricotta cheese in a mini food processor. Add milk remaining 1/4 cup jerk marinade and process until smooth. Add to the chicken. Simmer for 5 more minutes and remove from the heat.
- Toss with the broccoli and pasta. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.
You can find jerk marinade in most local grocery stores with the BBQ sauces.