Leroux's Healthy Pasta, Shrimp & White Bean Dish
Submitted by Judy Leroux
- 1 - 8 oz. package of Fiber Gourmet Light Pasta
- 1 - 16 oz. package of frozen shrimp, thawed
- 1 - 15.5 oz. can of Navy Beans
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 - onion, finely chopped
- 3 or 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 - garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth (low sodium)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions (don't add salt -- this dish is SO tasty you will not miss it!)
- Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. 3. Add onion and green onion. Cook covered until translucent, 3-5 mins.
- dd garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 min.
- Stir in beans, shrimp, broth, lemon juice, and crushed red pepper. Cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until shrimp are just opaque in center, about 4 mins
- Toss shrimp mixture with pasta, serve, and enjoy!!
P.S. - I'm from St. Bernard Parish, Louisiana which is the small town in Southeast Louisiana that was totally devastated by Hurricane Katrina. All but 5 of the 46,000 houses in our parish were flooded by THE HURRICANE, but we are so bouncing back. Our home had actually 15 feet of water (our attic was sitting on the floor when we returned one month later to check out the damage), but we are back almost 100% and SO, SO happy to be home. And I just love cooking in my kitchen once again!
P.S.S. - I JUST LOVE FIBER GOURMET PASTA!! IT ROCKS!! Judy Leroux