Mexilicious Mac and Cheese
Submitted by Marcy Chizmar
You can add extra hot peppers to make it hotter (saute with the onions). And you can also add tomatoes. Use as much milk as needed to make the sauce almost soupy.
- Velveeta Mild Mexican Cheese
- 1 lb. Fiber gourmet rotini
- 1 mild onion (chopped)
- 1 jar of roasted red pepper (chopped)
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- pepper to taste
- Cook the noodles ahead, to al dente.
- Melt the butter and add onion until softened and almost camelized.
- Add the cheese (easier if it is "cubed") until melted.
- Add milk and red pepper.
- Combine the noodles and sauce, pepper to taste, and either bake in a 350 oven for 20 minutes....or....microwave on high for 10 minutes.