Mock Spinach/Cheese "Ravioli"
Submitted by Helen Smith
Makes 4 servings - can be saved or frozen
- 8 oz. Of Fettucini or Penne pasta � cooked and set aside
- 2 packages frozen chopped spinach , squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup milk or FF half and half
- 3 TBS Lite philly cream cheese
- 1/3 cup FF sour cream
- 1TBS parmesan Cheese ---- plus 2 for topping
- 3 oz. Grated jack or mozzerella cheese or both
- salt, pepper, optional red pepper flakes
- optional onion & Garlic granules
- Optional fresh basil leaves
- Place the sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor until well mixed.
- Then put in a pot and cook on low until cheese melts. Mix in with the Penne , fold in the spinach.
- Put in a loaf pan
- Top with the parmesan and bake at 400 � 20-25 minutes
- Comments: I love those little ravioli stuffed w/ cheese and spinach, but unfortunately, they are made with plain white flour - no way. So I decided to capture the taste of these in my own way, using the fettucine ( you could use any style FG pasta) and the result was very pleasing. I had tons of Fettucini left over in my pantry, so used it. If you want if more like the brown butter sauce they are tossed in sometimes, try my sauce spooned over it when cooked. This is a low fat sauce, so you can adjust as you like with more butter, cheese, etc.