No Guilt Bruschetta Penne
Submitted by Lara Beaton
I love, love, love Bruschetta, but sometimes I just can't afford the carbs/calories of the toasted french bread that is the base for the classic Bruschetta recipe. Now, I take the BEST flavors from Bruschetta & turn it into a yummy high-fiber, low-carb NO-GUILT dinner recipe!
- 1 box Fiber Gourmet Penne
- 3-4 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 lb Fresh Mozzarella, cubed
- 2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 10 Washed Fresh Basil Leaves, chopped
- 3 Tbs red wine vinegar
- salt, pepper & garlic powder (to taste)
- Cook Pasta As directed.
- Once Pasta is finished drain & toss with all remaining ingredients.
- Return to warm-up the tomatoes, ect (heat until mozzarella is still pretty solid, but sufficiently warmed).
- Serve immediately