Submitted by Jamie Powell
This is a great side dish for a chicken dinner. Sometimes, people prefer as a dessert-like dish since it has a sweet taste.
- 1 (8oz.) box of Fiber Gourmet's Rotini
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-2 apples (grated)
- 1/2 cup butter/margarine
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup grape nuts
- Follow cooking instruction on the Rotini box. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix the eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, sugar, apples, butter/margarine, salt and grape nuts.
- Drain (do not rinse) the Rotini and pour into mixed ingredients. Stir (with wooden spoon or spatula) until the butter/margarine has melted, then continue stirring for another 2 minutes.
- Place noodle mixture into an ungreased 8" square or 2 quart dish (glass).
- Cook at 300 degrees (F) for 45-55 minutes (uncovered if you prefer crispier noodles on the top, covered if you don't. Sometimes, I cook uncovered for 35-40 minutes, then cover for remaining time).
- Serves 12. Enjoy!