Promptly Prepared Pesto Penne with Chicken
Submitted by Susan Ruzzamenti
I always look for quick and easy meals to prepare when I get home from work. The already prepared pesto sauce makes things soooo easy and this dish tastes great! Add a green salad and some steamed zucchini and you have a healthy, filling meal.
- 2 cups (dry) FiberGourmet Light Penne Pasta
- 1/4 clove garlic minced (or more to taste)
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms quartered
- 2 large boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 tsp Mrs. Dash Table Blend
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, stems removed
- 1 small jar Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Sauce (8 oz)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta per directions, drain and set aside.
- Spray a large skillet with Pam (or equivalent) olive oil spray. Add the mushrooms and garlic and saute over medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- You may have to spray the pan again to keep the mushrooms from sticking.
- Sprinkle the chicken with Mrs. Dash and the pepper and add to pan.
- Cook chicken, mushrooms, and garlic over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is almost done.
- Stir often. Add the spinach and cook until wilted, 2-4 minutes.
- Stir in the jar of Sun Dried Tomato Pesto sauce and the pasta and cook until heated through and chicken is no longer pink, about 5-8 minutes.
- Pour into serving dish and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.