Penne with Asparagus, Spinach and Bacon
Submitted by Gina T
- 8 oz uncooked Fiber Gourmet Light Penne pasta
- 2 tbsp bacon bits
- 1/2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 1/2 cup (1 inch) slices asparagus(about 1 lb)
- 1 1/2 cup low sodium low fat chicken broth
- 4 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package. Drain and keep warm.
- Saute onion in EVOO about 1 min until tender.
- Add asparagus and broth to pan. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 min or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Add pasta, spinach, 1/4 cheese and pepper to pan, toss well.
- Sprinkle w/ remaining cheese and bacon bits.