Submitted by Julie Dees
This is a healthy and cost effective meal. My whole family loves it as a change to traditional tacos or basic pasta. It can be varied in many ways to keep it new (add refried beans or a can of black beans, etc). Easy for kids to help make, too!
- 1 package FiberGourment Penne Pasta
- 1 lb. ground 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 large jar salsa (medium or mild, depending on your taste)
- 1 cup shredded 2% cheader cheese
- shredded lettuce
- diced tomatoes
- fat free sour cream or fat free plain Greek yogurt
- Cook pasta according to package directions (I prefer to end the cooking time a few minutes early to keep firmness)
- Spray bottom of large casserole dish w/ non-stick olive oil spray
- Put pasta in dish then top w/ salsa
- Put the ground turkey that has been browned and prepared according to seasoning package directions
- Top with cheese
- Bake 350 degrees until warm throughout and cheese melty (about 25 minutes)
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes then put shredded lettuce around the outer perimeter of the casserole and put diced tomatoes in the center (make it look festive!).
- Serve w/ sour cream/Greek yogurt and additional toppings (such as onions, jalapenos, cilantro, etc) if desired.
- ENJOY! OLE!