Penne and I'm as Happy as a Clam (that I can eat pasta again) Sauce
Submitted by Kathy Tessoni
This is an easy recipe and is very tasty. For many years I had given up eating pasta because of the calories and carbohydrates, since I discovered Fiber Gourmet Pasta I am now able to enjoy all my old favorite pasta dishes without gaining weight. The clam juice and clams contain no fat and very little calories, so the recipe is very light but good. I hope you enjoy it!!
- One box of Fiber Gourmet Penne Pasta
- 2 6.5oz. cans of minced clams with juice
- 1 8oz. bottle of clam juice
- 1 tbsp. of dried parsley
- 2-3 tbsp. of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic sliced in half to make thinner
- grated parmesan cheese to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sauce pan, brown garlic in olive oil over medium heat.
- Open the minced clams with a can opener and reserve the top, this will help you seperate the clam juice from the clams.
- Pour just the clam juice from the cans of clams into the sauce pan and stir often, add the bottle of clam juice to the pan for a juicier sauce and add the parsley. Allow this mixture to get thicker by stirring often.
- Once the sauce has thickened add the minced clams and cook for a few minutes (2-3).
- Drain the penne and place in a large pasta bowl, pour the clam sauce and top and mix together.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top to taste.