Poor Man's Lasagna
Serve with a fresh salad and you have an easy, healthy dinner.
Submitted by Brenda Selle
Serves 4-6 depending on the size of the portions
- One bag high fiber flat noodles
- One pound low fat ground beef
- Jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- One cup of cottage cheese
- One cup of shredded mozarella cheese
- One bag high fiber flat noodles...cook until done, and drain well
- One pound low fat ground beef...break into small chunks when cooking, drain well
- 1/2 onion chopped finely...cook with beef
- Mix beef/onion mixture with a jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- Layer alternately in an 8"x8" pan, the noodles, beef/sauce mixture and one cup of cottage cheese and one cup of shredded mozarella cheese. If you don't have either of these cheeses, use what you have. It will still taste great. I have made this with many kinds of shredded cheese, and even chunk cheese I have chopped into very small pieces.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes