Penne Panache with a Feta Fling
Submitted by Sandy Albanese
- 1 package Fiber Gourmet Penne Pasta
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup �good� olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder (NOT garlic salt), more or less to taste
- A little shake of salt and a few twists of fresh ground pepper.
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat feta cheese (plain or your favorite flavor)
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, (NOT packed in oil) chopped
- 1/4 cup (about 10) pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- Lemon wedges
- Optional: Boiled shrimp
- Prepare penne according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, put olive oil and garlic powder and S&P in microwavable bowl, suitable for serving finished dish. Warm the oil slightly (1/2 minute on high, more or less).
- Once pasta is cooked and drained, toss into dish with oil, add feta cheese, tomatoes and olives. Toss to coat with oil.
- Drizzle with fresh lemon juice or serve with the wedges and let individuals squeeze their own.
- Makes four generous servings.
- To make a heartier main course, serve with boiled shrimp on top, or tossed in.