Perfect Pesto Pasta
Submitted by Maryaurelia Newlin
Pesto sauce recipe will work for 10oz to 1 pound of pasta.
Number of servings depends on size of appetites ;-)
- 2 handfuls of fresh basil leaves
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic (depending on personal taste)
- 1 tbls Pine Nuts (may substitute walnuts)
- 2 tbls Locatelli Cheese (may substitute parmesan)
- 1/2 c extra virgin olive oil plus 1 tlbs
- 1 average size tomato
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup sliced olives (optional)
- Combine first 5 ingredients (everything before the tomato) in a food processor until blended well and nuts are chopped.
- In a pan, heat 1 tbls extra virgin olive oil. Dice onion and tomato and heat in oil until tender. Add pesto sauce (and olives if desired). Heat on low to blend flavors.
- Prepare 1 package of any flavor or size FiberGormet Pasta as directed.
- Pour pesto mixture over pasta and enjoy.