Penne with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto and Spinach
Submitted by Gina Bianchi
Serve with a large green salad and whole grain bread! Delicious, fast and easy, what more can you ask for?
- 1 box fiber gourmet penne pasta
- 1 8.5 ounce jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup (packed) baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water under tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, blend the sun-dried tomatoes and their oil and garlic in a food processer and blend until the tomatoes are finely chopped. Transfer the tomato mixture to a large bowl.
- Add the pasta to the pesto and toss to coat, adding enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the baby spinach, top with the parmesan. Serve, enjoy!
- If a heartier meal is desired, add a grilled chicken breast!