Tuna Penne For Your Thoughts
Submitted by Peggi Anneken
- 1 box Fiber Gourmet Penne Pasta
- 1 can fat free Cr. of Mushroom Soup
- 1/4 C FF milk or unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 12 oz can white tuna in water
- 1 C frozen peas
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 container Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic-chopped (or 1/2 tsp. chopped garlic in a jar
- Celery salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- a handful of crushed light potato chips
- 1/4 C chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook Penne as directed.
- Mix all ingredients except chips and parsley in a bowl, add a bit more milk if it appears to be too dry.
- Spray 2 qt. casserole dish with cooking spray. Pour ingredients into sprayed dish and bake covered for about 45 minutes or until bubbly.
- Remove lid and add crushed potato chips and chopped parsley - bake unccovered until chips begin to brown lightly.
- Serve immediately. Leftovers are easily reheated in the microwave.
- Optional - Recipe can also be used with Canned Chicken or leftover cooked chicken.