Pasta With Broccoli and Broth
Submitted by Ariel Herskovitz
- 1 two ounce can anchovy fillets
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp chili pepper flakes
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth ( I use a can of broth plus a can of H2O)
- 1 cup mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 3 scallions
- 1/2 lb dried linguini (I used 1 lb)
- 1 large bunch brocolli cut into florets
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted til golden
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile in a heavy deep saucepan combine anchovies, olive oil, garlic and pepper flakes over moderate heat. Cook about 5 min til the garlic is golden, stirring to prevent burning. Stir in broth, mushrooms and scallions and bring to a boil and simmer uncovered for 8 to 10 min to reduce by 1/3.
- Meanwhile , cook the pasta. While it is cooking, steam the brocolli. Drain the pasta.
- Add pasta to the reduced stock and toss well. Add brocolli and toss. Divide into bowls and sprinkle with pine nuts and serve.