Submitted by Becky Gros
This is a quick & easy alfredo sauce, very low in fat. Fiber Gourmet pasta makes it lower in net carbs and gives much needed fiber.
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese or romano cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon basil (can add more, depending on your pref.)
- Put all ingredients, except basil, into food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture in small saucepan and add basil.
- Cook over medium-low heat until heated through and smooth consistency.
- Add more basil, salt and/or pepper, if desired.
- Let cook on very low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over fiber gourmet pasta.