Submitted by Darinda Harner
I got this recipe from a friend years ago, and we still make it often. We love it, and it�s quick and easy.
- 8 oz. of penne
- 1 10 oz. Ro Tel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- 1/4 t. crushed hot pepper flakes
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 lb. baby spinach, rinsed and drained
- 2 oz. (or more) low-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 t. nutmeg
- Bring water to boil and add penne. Cook until tender but still firm, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine tomatoes, hot pepper flakes and salt. Warm over medium-low heat while pasta cooks. Add cream cheese and nutmeg to tomato mixture. Break up cream cheese. Stir until mixture becomes a sauce.
- Drain pasta and return to hot pan. Add spinach and tomato/cheese sauce. Cook and stir gently together until spinach wilts, about 1 or 2 minutes.