Spinach Penne Pasta Toss
Prep. 5 min, Cook time total 25 min.
Makes 6 servings, 1 cup each.
Entering this simple, quick, and yummy recipe into the penne recipe contest. Very healthy and figure friendly.
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) your favorite flavored diced tomatoes, undrained.
- 2 cups (1/2 box fiber gourmet Penne Pasta)uncooked
- 1 cup water
- 1 pkg.(9 oz. fresh baby spinach leaves)
- 1 cup 2% milk
- shredded Italian 3 cheese Blend Cheese
- Bring tomatoes, pasta and water to boil in large saucepan;
- Stir, Cover and simmer on medium-low heat 10 min.
- Uncover and simmer just until pasta is tender.
- ADD the spinach (in 2 baches if necessary)stir and cover until spinach is wilted.
- SERVE topped with cheese.