Silk Road Sesame Noodle
Submitted by MELANIE HERSH
A classic Chinese cold noodle dish, refreshing,simple and fast, and easy to dress up or down. A great buffet dish - set out the garnishes, toss the noodles in the sauce, and invite your guests to add their own embellishments.
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 package FiberGourmet pasta, cooked al dente in boiling (salted opt,) water and cooled, or cooked ahead and chilled.
- 1/4 Cup soy sauce (Kikoman or another good brand Supermarket brands not advisable here)
- 1/4 vinegar (white, rice wine, balsamic, cider or a combination are all fine)
- 2 T toasted sesame oil
- 2T sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoons Asian chile sauce, or Sambal Oeleck or dash of hot pepper sauce (such as Franks or Durkee) to taste. or finely chopped fresh chiles or pinch dried chile flakes
- salt (optinal, depends on the saltiness of the soy sauce)
- While pasta is cooking, make dressing and assemble garnishes
- Blend dressing ingredients well. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. (The sauce should be at once hot, sour, sweet and salty)
- Just before serving, pour half the dressing over the cooked pasta, toss, add garnishes of choice, toss lightly, and serve with additional dressing on the side.
Authentic Asian ingredients are widely available on the Internet.