Summertime Sweet-n-Sour Pasta Salad
Submitted by Cara Brown
This salad is a perfect side dish for summertime meals. For maximum blending of flavors, it needs to refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 1 package (16 ounce) tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- **grilled chicken may be added for a heartier meal
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. vinegar
- 1 T. ground mustard
- 1 tsp. salt, optional
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Cook pasta according to package directions: drain and rinse with cold water. Place in a large serving bowl.
- Add the onion , tomato, cucumber, green pepper and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the dressing ingredients. Cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon.