Spaghetti w/ Veggie Ribbons
Submitted by Helen S.
If you are not worried about oil - you can add about 1/4 cup of olive oil. Cherry tomatoes in season cut in half are a nice addition. Low cal, low fat, hi fiber - about 250 calories per serving.
- 8 oz. of spaghetti or penne cooked and drained
- Sauce: 1 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1 tsp corn starch w/ water
- 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon and its zest
- 1 large clove of grated garlic
- 1/2 tsp italian herb or any herb optional
- Torn leaves of handful of basil
- 1/4 - to 1/2 tsp hot pepper flakes
- 1 large carrot - use potato peeler to slice into ribbons
- 1 large or 2 small zucchini
- Bring stock to simmer - add cornstarch and water to thicken
- Put in large bowl and add the pasta and rest of the ingredients
- toss from time to time to help absorb the sauce
- Cover and let sit to finish absorbing.