Tangy Balsamic Penne
This is so easy and fast to prepare. You may use frozen or fresh vegetables in this recipe. It is very tasty ;P IP
- Fiber Gourmet Penne Pasta (or any type of Fiber Gourmet Pasta)
- Olive oil, 1T
- 1 can diced Italian tomatoes (with basil, oregano, spices)
- 1/3 c. balsamic vinegar garlic
- minced onion, 1/3 c.
- chopped red bell pepper, 1/2 c.
- chopped Frozen snap beans, approximately 1 large handful
- broccoli (fresh or frozen), approximately 1 c.
- Shrimp, approximately 1 to 1 1/2 cups of large shrimp
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- garlic salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese (topping)
- Boil water for pasta.
- In a medium sized, non-stick skillet, add 1T garlic oil, the minced garlic and onion, and saute about a minute. Add the red bell pepper and broccoli and saute about two minutes. Add the tomatoes, undrained, and the balsamic vinegar. After the vegetables have softened, add the shrimp and spices and simmer on low to keep warm.
- Once water is boiling, add salt to the water then add a package of Fiber Gourmet Penne Pasta (or any Fiber Gourmet pasta), and cook as directed on package. Save 1/3 c. of the pasta water to add to the shrimp/veggie mixture in the skillet to help sauce adhere to the pasta.
- Drain noodles, place desired amount of noodles in each plate and top with pasta sauce and Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!