Turkey Noodle Casserole
Turkey noodle casserole recipe with noodles, cooked diced turkey, cream of mushroom soup, curry powder, and seasonings. Adapted from About.com
- 1 package (10 ounce) frozen peas, thawed under cool running water
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1 1/2 cups cooked FiberGourmet pasta, any variety
- olive oil for frying
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 can (10 1/2-ounce) cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk, or soy milk substitute
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- OPTIONAL: 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, or French's french-fried onions
- Combine turkey, noodles, and peas in a buttered 2-quart baking dish or casserole.
- Drizzle some olive oil in a saucepan. Saut� onion and mushrooms until tender; blend in soup, milk and seasonings and cook, stirring, until well blended and hot.
- Pour soup mixture over the turkey and noodle mixture; optionally top with shredded cheese or french-fried onions, or skip it to save a few calories.
- Bake in a 350� oven for about 25 to 30 minutes, until hot and bubbly. Serves 4.