Tina's Too Much Pasta
Submitted by Tina Rinella
- 3 chicken breasts cut in bit size pieces (easier to cut if partially frozen)
- 6-7 green onions-thinly sliced
- 4 med. cloves of garlic-smashed and chopped
- 1/2 can black olives-broken with fingers
- 1 small box mushrooms-sliced
- 1 can artichoke hearts-cut in quarters
- 2-3 anchovies from can (also known as �the mystery flavor�) � optional but delicious
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1/3 cup Marsala wine
- Basil - fresh - about 6-7 leaves or 1 tea dried
- Marjoram - 1 tea dried
- Oregano - 1 teas dried
- Red pepper flakes - 2-3 sprinkles to taste
- 1 can (or less) chicken broth
- 4-5 Roma tomatoes - coarsely chopped- 1/2" pieces
- 1 lb. Fiber Gourmet High Fiber Penne
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan with deep sides.
- Saut� celery, mushrooms, onions and garlic about 3 minutes.
- Add the anchovies and stir until they are �melted� into mixture.
- Add chicken and cook about 5-7 minutes.
- Add artichoke hearts, Marsala wine, herbs and spices and a little broth and heat through, about 5 more minutes.
- Taste for salt and pepper. If making ahead, chill mixture at least 1 hour before reheating. It should be 'slippery' and moist before you chill it. If it's not, add more broth.
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Add Fiber Gourmet High Fiber Penne. It should be al dente in 10 minutes after the boil. If made ahead, re-heat the chicken mixture now and toss in the crushed olives and tomatoes to heat up only (not to cook), last 5 minutes or so. When pasta is al dente, drain and add it to the chicken mixture. Toss everything together in pan with a little more olive oil and broth to moisten. Turn the whole thing into big bowl and serve with freshly grated Asaigo (baby parmesan). A good choice of wine would be a lovely chardonnay. A non-alcohlic suggestion might be a Perrier with a slice of lemon.
- You�ll love this stuff! Bon Appetit!