Tofu with a Twist
Submitted by Lena Pfeffer
Fast, delicous, healthy and low calorie meal that goes from stove to table in about 15 minutes!
- 1 box FiberGourmet rotini pasta
- 1 lb Nasoya tofu - drained and cubed into bite size pieces
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 medium sized onion - diced
- 1/4 EACH red pepper and green pepper - diced
- 12 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 ts diced garlic
- 1 tb chopped basil
- 1/4 ts red pepper flakes
- Pam olive oil spray
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Begin preparing rotini according to package directions. While the pasta is cooking, begin the next step. DO NOT DRAIN PASTA.
- Heat a large lidded skillet. Spray Pam and add onion, peppers, mushrooms, garlic, basil and pepper flakes. Continue to stir and cook over medium heat until onion becomes transluscent.
- Add tofu and continue stirring and cooking until tofu is slightly brown.
- Add tomatoes and continue to stir.
- Pasta should be done by now. Add all the rotini and mix well.
- Add a 1/4 cup of pasta cooking water to mixture.
- Stir well and cover. Continue to cook on low for about 3 minutes until all the flavors meld.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.